The Deptford Project.
The Deptford Project is a cafe that runs out of a 35 tonne 1960’s South East Trains carriage. Based in Deptford, south east london its proud to sell organic local grown food. Every 6 months they invite an artist to re-design their carriage, and this time we were there to document the process.
give or take.
Today in the UK, 4% of the population are regular blood donors. The remaining 96% don’t give blood for a number of reasons. Apart from some issues with eligibility to donate we are either too busy, too scared or blind to its current need. The NHS accurately records the levels of bloodstock around the country, however they don’t use this data to its full potential in recruiting new blood donors. This project is about building an understanding that enables the user to gather emotions from the data. This will raise an awareness to the urgency of blood donations and gives the user the opportunity to discover when their blood is most needed.